WHY GIVE ALUMNI ACCESS TO YOUR CAREER CENTER?
Giving alumni access to your Career Center has several advantages:
- Stay connected and communicate more easily with them;
- Allow them to have access to career content (offers, career events, advice, etc.);
- Create synergies between students and alumni.
Depending on the authentication system of your Career Center, the method of giving them access may differ. You will find all the information related to this topic in this article.
1/ OPTIMIZE YOUR CAREER CENTER BEFORE THE ARRIVAL OF ALUMNI
Before giving them access to the Career Center, think about optimizing it. To do so, create an alumni program in the Programmes module (this article explains how to create a program). This will allow you to :
- Differentiate your alumni from other students
- Track alumni engagement in the Statistics module
- Target specific content to alumni (offers, career events, resources, etc...)
- Customize a weekly newsletter introductory message specifically for your alumni
💡 Tip: At the end of the academic year, you can yourself move graduates from their respective programmes to the Alumni programme with the student programme bulk import feature (see this article).
2/ COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR ALUMNI ABOUT THE CAREER CENTER
Before communicating to alumni about the Career Center, it is important to distinguish between two types of alumni:
- alumni who are looking for a job
- alumni already working who are looking for a candidate for a job in their company
Remember to address these two types of alumni in your communications by presenting the interests that the platform represents for each of them (see the next part of this article for more details).
Finally, also remember to communicate at the right times:
- just before they graduate, so that they can take the necessary steps to maintain their access to the Career Center once they are no longer students
- just before your students start looking for professional experience, so that alumni can offer them job opportunities in their companies
💡 Tip: Feel free to use our communication packages to help you in this step.
3/ SUPPORT YOUR ALUMNI WITH THE CAREER CENTER
Thanks to the Career Center, you will be able to accompany both types of alumni (those looking for a job and those who are already working and looking for candidates).
Alumni looking for a job can:
- Access public and exclusive job offers on the Jobs module
- Register to career events on the Events module
- Access various resources and advice (Knowledge Center module, Advice module, Experiences module, Job Roles module, etc.)
- Access our Guidance tools (Marco & Freya)
Alumni looking for candidates can:
- Post job offers for your students or graduates directly on your Career Center
These job ads will be identified as "Posted by our alumni" and will thus be more attractive to your students and graduates. To post a job ad, they simply click on "Post a job" button on the Jobs module:
4/ CREATE SYNERGIES BETWEEN STUDENTS AND ALUMNI
Having your alumni and students on the same platform will allow you to go even further and create real synergies. Below, some examples of actions you can implement:
- Organise alumni conferences through the Events module
- Post alumni testimonials in the Resources module
- Organise alumni/student exchanges using the Appointments module
- Organise alumni/student exchanges using the Events module (e.g. by creating events with slots)
Feedback on professional experiences
- Encourage your alumni and students to use the Insights module
To go further, please do not hesitate to refer to our training session replay: How to engage and support your alumni with the Career Center? You can also download the slides of the training on this link.