If you are still wondering how you can engage your students to JobTeaser, do not search any longer! You are on the right article as we are here to guide your students through their first steps in the labor market.
In this article, you will find out how to properly present JobTeaser to your students.
Before jumping into our guideline to engage your students, we recommend that the speakers who will be presenting must try out the platform and go through each page of our website to help them better understand our different modules and present clearly in front of the students.
Here’s how we recommend to present JobTeaser:
Tips & tricks
Based on our presentations, here are the conditions that must be checked in order to captivate the students ! ✅
- Do not exceed more than 30 min your presentation
- Make sure you have a projector to share your presentation
- Ideally present in the morning
- Optional : bring food 🍿
- Present how to modify your profile
- The research criteria
- What does “open to opportunities” mean ? (How can I subscribe to job alerts ?)
- Present the taskbar (news, saved jobs, my applications, my events)
Once they have created their account, they will be directed to their personnel dashboard.
They will be able to modify any information about their profile such as: different work experiences, different guidance tools, CV, a small presentation of themselves, and their presence online (LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, Github… the more they add the better, but remember that it must be professional 😉)
Did they change their minds about their dream job? No worries, we have them covered!
They will be able to edit the criteria applied to their current search.
- The location 📍
- The type of contract 📝
- Their experience 📚
- Their study level 🎓
- The job category 💼
And many more settings can be modified in order to help them find their dream job !
You will be able to activate Job Alerts (daily mails proposing different kinds of job offers matching your criteria) as well as Event alerts (weekly mails allowing you to be the first to hear about events that are relevant to your profile).
Edit the displayed content as well as the followed companies in order to find offers / events according to the chosen settings !
Open to opportunities, what does that mean ? 👀
This will mean that recruiters can preselect them for opportunities matching their search criteria. If a student gets preselected, he will be able to apply in 1 click (no need for a cover letter) and his application will be highlighted to the recruiter 💡
If he refuses to apply, his status will still be “Open to opportunities” and he will still be visible to other recruiters, so this means he might be receiving other propositions from other companies that are interested in his profile... 📨
As well, students will also receive daily alerts with relevant job ads that correspond to their profile ! They might find the perfect match 👀
We recommend students to only activate this button when they are actively searching for a job.
It is important for them to:
- Add the most recent version of their CV
- Update their last professional experience and education
- Include all languages skills and precise their proficiency
- Update their search criteria (which type of contract they are seeking, level of experience, the location, etc.)
Why ? This will allow your students to receive relevant proposals according to their job search criteria. Putting all chances on their side to find their dream job ! 🙌
On the Dashboard, they will also find a taskbar divided in 4 parts : News, Saved Jobs, My applications, My events.
- News 🗞️: be aware of the upcoming events relevant to the student’s profile and his research criteria
- Saved Jobs 💚: If they found an interesting offer but felt that their CV needed some refining ? They will be able to easily find these striking offers in that section.
- My applications 📨: To track their applications 😉
- My events 🗓️: In this section they will be able to track all saved events !
- The content of the page
- How do I find a company of my liking ?
- What can I find on a company page ?
- What advantages do I have when I follow a company ?
This page presents the company and its activities, as well as job and internship opportunities. 🏢
They can find a company of their likings by applying filters such as:
- The industry 🏗️
- The company type 🏦
- The order 🔤
The page usually starts with a presentation of the company, including a description of its history, mission and values. It may also include photos and videos to give an idea of the working atmosphere and the company culture.
It also presents the different jobs found in the company, as well as the skills and profiles sought. This section can be detailed depending on the size of the company and the diversity of the positions offered.
Companies can describe the tasks offered, the skills required, the working conditions and the selection criteria. Candidates can apply directly from the page by sending their CV and cover letter to the recruiters contact that you can find in the “jobs” section of the page 🤓.
Tip : Do not hesitate presenting this page with a company that is partnering with your school
❗Students can maximize their chances and follow the companies they are interested in to be the first informed when they publish new job offers and even events ❗
- What is the use of this page ?
- How can they share an insight ?
- What can students find on an insight made from a peer ?
The JobTeaser insights page is a section of the site dedicated to testimonials from students and recent graduates about their professional experiences. This page allows JobTeaser users to discover inspiring stories, tips for career success, as well as information about companies and industries and how students have lived the experience. 🔎
This valuable information given by students to other students is very rich as they might be from the same school, might know each other or even it could create new relations as they can contact those who publish their feedback. It is an excellent way of networking as well as building a strong community of students helping each other. 🌐
They describe their missions, their work experience and their career as well as the skills acquired and challenges encountered.
The "Insights" page is a valuable tool for students and young graduates seeking information on professional opportunities, jobs, companies and sectors of activity. It also allows recruiters to promote their employer brand and communicate their company's values and culture.
How can a student share an insight ?
Sharing his own experience can be very helpful for their peers as it gives them an idea of the company they could be working for beforehand.
There are two different ways of sharing your experiences on the platform:
- When creating their profile
When creating their account, the students will be asked to add their experiences. Then they will have the possibility to share a given insight on those experiences to other students. Note that the insights can be posted anonymously or publicly enabling or not to be contacted about it. 🌍
- On the “Insights” page
When clicking on “add my insight”, they will have to add all the information required in order to make the insight helpful.
- How can I find job offers that correspond to my likings ?
- What can I find in a job offer ?
- What happens when I apply for a job offer ?
- How can I track the process of my application
For students and recent graduates, the Jobteaser “Jobs” page is a user-friendly platform for finding job and internship opportunities. Users can search for jobs by keyword, industry, location and contract type.
How can they find job offers that correspond to their likings?
Every student has their own specialization and has their own interest in a specific domain. Therefore, in order to have the most personalized content considering your profile, they have to check the criteria section and fill it out as they wish. ✨
All the research criterias selected when creating his profile will be directly transferred on the jobs page! 🤓
Furthermore, to promote the job ads published by your school’s partners, students can directly select the exclusive ads button (Targeted jobs).
This also means that only the students from your specific school can have access to these offers which will increase their chances of getting employed! 💼
What can they find in a job offer ?
In a job offer, students can find many valuable information such as:
- The name of the position
- A description of the job (main missions, the general information (location of the work, hours, type of contract and its duration, …)
- The company page
- Insights of other students who worked in the same company (If there are any)
What happens when they apply for a job offer ?
When a student applies for a job, there are two different ways of applying :
- Through the JobTeaser website : the student will have to write a brief text (1000 characters) to retain the recruiter’s attention. When applying through the JobTeaser website the student will be able to keep track of his applications on “my applications” and more importantly he will receive a confirmation email that his application has been notified to the recruiter ensuring the proper delivery of his candidacy. 😎
- Through an external website : the student will be redirected to the company’s website for applications.
What does this page consist of ?
The page is easy to navigate and provides users with a list of various job roles, ranging from marketing and sales to engineering and finance. Each job role listed provides a brief description of the responsibilities, skills required, and the industries that commonly hire for that position.
To use the "Job Roles" page, users simply need to select the job role they are interested in from the list provided:
Once they select the job that has caught their attention, users will find the following:
- The monthly starting salary
- The current active ads
- A detailed description of the job
- Fun facts
- The skills required to occupy this position (Hard skills as well as soft skills)
- The qualifications required
- Student insights when they occupied this job.
- Insights from professionals occupying this position
Overall, the "Job Roles" page on JobTeaser is an excellent resource for job seekers who want to explore different career paths and find opportunities in their desired field.
What can users find on this page ?
The "Advice" page on JobTeaser is a section of the website that provides useful information, tips and advice to help students and graduates navigate the job search process. The page is designed to be a comprehensive resource for job seekers, providing them with guidance on a variety of topics related to job search, career development, and workplace success.
The "Advice" page is divided into several sections (Know yourself, Explore the market, Opportunities, Inspiration), each of which covers a different aspect of job search and career development. Some of the topics covered on the page include:
- CV and cover letter writing tips
- Interview advice and preparation
- Networking strategies
- Job search strategies and resources
- Career planning and development
- Workplace culture and etiquette
Each section on the page includes detailed information and practical advice, as well as links to additional resources and tools that can help job seekers in their search. The advice provided on the page is designed to be actionable and relevant, with a focus on helping students and graduates succeed in their job search and career development.
Who wrote the articles
Some of the authors are members of the JobTeaser team, while others are guest contributors who are invited to share their insights and knowledge with the JobTeaser community.
Regardless of their affiliation, all of the authors are committed to providing practical and actionable advice to help JobTeaser users achieve their career goals.
If you have any questions or feedback about the "Advice" articles on JobTeaser, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are always happy to hear from our readers!
What kind of events can students find on this page ?
The "Events" page on JobTeaser provides information about various career events organized by the platform. These events are designed to help students and recent graduates enhance their professional skills and find job opportunities.
Users can find different types of events on the page, including:
- Webinars : These are online events that allow participants to learn about a particular topic from industry experts. Users can register for webinars in advance and participate in them from anywhere with an internet connection.
- Workshops : Workshops are in-person events that provide hands-on training and guidance on a specific skill or topic. Participants can interact with trainers and other attendees, ask questions, and get feedback.
- Career Fairs : Career fairs are events where students and recent graduates can meet with potential employers, learn about job opportunities, and network with professionals from different industries.
- Company Presentations : These events allow users to get a better understanding of a specific company and its culture. Participants can learn about the company's mission, values, and job opportunities.
- Assoc etudiant
The "Events" page also provides information about upcoming events, including the date, time, and location (if applicable). Users can register for events directly from the page or get more information by clicking on the event of interest.
Here again, you can invite students to toggle the button that allows them to only see the events organized by your school to ensure as many participants as possible!
How can users register for an event?
If a student is looking to attend an event on JobTeaser, he will need to register beforehand. Here are the steps to follow:
- Log in to your JobTeaser account.
- Go to the "Events" section of the website.
- Find the event you would like to attend and click on it.
- Once you're on the event page, click on the "Register" button.
- Fill out the registration form with your information.
- Click on the "Submit" button to complete the registration process.
It's important to note that some events may have limited availability, so be sure to register as soon as possible to secure your spot. If the registration must be done through an external make sure that they have filled out the registration form fully. They will receive a confirmation email indicating that their participation has been validated. Furthermore, they will receive a reminder of the event a day before, as well as an hour before.
What can users find on this module?
You have always dreamed of working on your “own” blog to help students in their guidance?
This module is the right place! Here you can centralize all kinds of information to allow students to access them easily.
We implemented this module at the school’s disposal for you to create your own branded page containing all the useful information that will help the students in their job search as well as their professional guidance.
As you can see here is an example of what you could create. You can add articles, documents as well as links to redirect users to the right page. The process is very easy and intuitive so do not hesitate in participating in the co-creation of the page or adding the latest information that will help out students!
How can users arrange an appointment with a guidance counselor?
If you are a student or recent graduate looking for career guidance, JobTeaser offers an easy way to connect with guidance counselors who can help you make informed decisions about your future career. Here are the steps you can follow to arrange an appointment with a guidance counselor on JobTeaser:
- Sign in to your JobTeaser account.
- Click on the "School’s Career Center" (the name of this section can vary according to your school) tab located in the top menu bar.
- Scroll down to the "Appointments" section and indicate the type of appointment, the location and when.
- Browse through the list of available counselors and click on the one that you would like to schedule an appointment with.
- Check their availability and select a date and time that works best for you.
- Confirm the appointment and wait for the guidance counselor to respond.
That's it! They have successfully arranged an appointment with a guidance counselor on JobTeaser. We hope that this meeting will be helpful in guiding them towards a successful career path! ✨
If you cannot see this module on your Career Center and you would like to activate it to benefit the full potential of our platform, please refer yourself to your main contact at JobTeaser.
The Guidance tools
Need some guidance about their professional career?
You found the right article! JobTeaser has created four different guidance tools here to help users and clarify any of their doubts!
Allow us to present each one 😎 :
You want to try the test? You can directly click on the Name of each tool to try them out! 😉
The Marco Test is an online assessment that takes approximately 15 minutes to complete. It consists of a series of questions that cover various aspects of a person’s personality, interests, values, and skills. Based on the responses provided, the Marco Test generates a detailed report that includes a list of recommended career paths and job titles that match the individual’s profile.
The report also provides information on the skills and qualifications required for each recommended career path, as well as potential employers and salary ranges. Additionally, the Marco Test offers personalized advice on how to improve one’s employability and increase chances of success in the job market.
It provides a comprehensive analysis of an individual’s strengths and weaknesses and offers practical guidance on how to achieve career goals.
The Freya test is a psychometric assessment tool that is designed to help students identify their strengths and weaknesses, as well as their career interests and preferences. It consists of a series of multiple-choice questions that cover a range of topics, including personality traits, work styles, and problem-solving abilities.
The Freya test takes approximately 15 to 20 minutes to complete. The results are presented in a detailed report that includes a summary of the student's strengths and weaknesses, as well as their career preferences and suggestions for potential career paths.
Students can gain a better understanding of their unique skills and abilities, which can help them make more informed decisions about their career paths. Hence, they will better understand their ideals, goals and needs that individuals wish to achieve in their professional life.
FREYA helps students to identify and assess what needs to be in their work environment for them to be motivated and fulfilled at work!
The Hester test allows students to clearly identify their soft-skills in order to help them develop their profile as well as pitching them during interviews.
The test consists of several scripted questions, where the candidate has to choose between different possible answers. The questions are designed to assess the candidate's behavioral skills in an objective and standardized way.
Soft skills translate our ability to think and interact in context into action. The more developed they are, the better we are able to handle new situations.
Our generation will change jobs on average 12 times in their lifetime. Vasco helps students to explore new options, to discover jobs that suit them today and those that will tempt them tomorrow.
This tool is the tinder for jobs ! 🔥
Explore and sort the trades, according to the categories you choose, by swiping right or left on the closed cards. You can also open them to discover more detailed content on each trade.
At the end, students will get a dashboard with tasks to perform on the top jobs they have selected and an overview of the corresponding jobs available on JobTeaser.
They have a question about the platform, who do they contact ?
It all depends on the subject of your question.
If the assistance concerns documents provided by your school, they can directly contact the school’s career services department.
If their questions concerns an issue on the platform, they can fill out a contact form on the JobTeaser website by clicking on the "Contact us" link located at the bottom of their homepage. This form allows them to provide details about your question or issue and submit it to their support team.
No matter the issue they encountered, the JobTeaser support team is available to assist them with any questions or issues students may have. 🙂